Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

LUDMILA GURCHENKO 1935 - 2011

Guys,

Today - March 30, 2011 marks a dark day for Russia and for me personally.

Ludmila Gurchenko – Soviet’s last movie Legend, Mega Star, a National Treasure - Russia’s Fire Bird and my own endless Source of Inspiration has died today from a heart failure in her home in Moscow. I am utterly flabbergasted and find it rather challenging to type with tears running down my face like two wild rivers.

Starring in a leading role in “Carnival Night” – first Soviet musical that was released onto silver screens more than 50 years ago had catapulted her into an ethereal stardom, making her an overnight sensation. Surviving the Nazi invasion, refusing to spy for KGB, making it through Perestroika, 15 years of oblivion and all the
nasty tabloid shitnegative press, she nevertheless managed to appear in more than 100 movies, each time rising anew like Phoenix from the ashes, creating roles that inspired generations, making even her tiny cameos an unforgettable pleasure for viewers.

At 75 - being a true Paragon of Elegant Eccentricity, Energy and Talent, Ludmila Gurchenko was still acting in three (!) different plays, recording music, promoting young talent, making movies – releasing her latest film in 2010 that she herself directed, produced and starred in.

Over the years throughout her amazing career this unique woman has been giving joy to millions of people, but she has made me the happiest and most privileged of them all by wearing the dresses I made for her. I wrote about that here.

There never was and never will be another Ludmila Gurchenko. This is an end of an era and it’s tearing me apart from inside to realize that she’s gone.

Good bye my dear Muse, good bye my beautiful, talented, eternally young Goddess. Thank you so much for everything. Rest in peace now.

Always yours,
Leonid Gurevich

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar