Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Stila Matte 'N Metal Eyeshadow Palette


My first Stila palette, ever!

When I saw that the new Stila Matte 'N Metal Eyeshadow Palette was being released in December, I needed it. Okay not need, but want. However, the thing that was holding me back from purchasing was the mixed reviews about this palette. Some people said that they loved it, others were on the fence becuase of the lack of pigmentation. I thought the pigmentation was pretty good every time I swatched it at the store. Finally, one day I couldn't take it anymore. When Cecilio had a journalism speaking engagement going on at a hotel, I entertained myself at the mall nearby. Guess what was in my Sephora shopping bag, among other things?


The Matte 'N Metal Palette cost $49 and comes in 12 shades, like all of the other Stila palettes. The top half of the palette has mattes and the bottom half is all of the metallic shades. I like how it's a mixture of warm and cool, not necessarily leaning towards one or the other (although I will say that I gravitate to warm toned palettes more).


Stila's palette containers are gold it gives off a luxurious, minimalistic vibe. I do not like how the names of the shades are not on the front, and that you have to keep looking at the back of the palette find out the shade names. I guess Stila is really trying to emulate the look and feel of the higher end brands.


Matte Swatches
vintage: light champagne cream
velvet: baby pink
feathered: soft light peach
fringe: cool toned baby rose
suede: mauve
velour: terracotta


Matte Swatches
bohemian: light silver
retro: cool toned rose gold
sequin: warm golden champagne
smolder: deep gray
sizzle: burnt sienna
flare: cool toned bronze

Like the reviewers, I too have mixed feelings about this palette. Don't get me wrong, the swatches (both the mattes and metals) appear pigmented on the arm, but the metals are not as pigmented once I apply it on my eyes. Especially the deeper last 3 shades. So don't expect a smokey eyeshadow look with smolder or sizzle. Smolder is the most disappointing shade of them all, since it appears really dark on the pan but is one of the lightest to swatch. And I do wish that there was at least 1 deeper matte shade. That said, this is still good enough for everyday wear, church, get togethers, etc. and parties too. Just don't expect to go full glam with this. Oh, and there's a bit of powder fall-out with the metal shadows.

I like this palette a lot, but I do want to obsess over it, especially with how much money I spent on it and because the swatches and packaging are luxurious. Yes, when I spend a crap ton on a product, I want to be able to shout about it from the rooftops and I don't feel I can with this palette. Now I wish I could've purchased the Perfect Me, Perfect Hue Eye and Cheek Palette instead!

Here's a look I created with this palette:


Do you have anything from Stila, particularly their eye products?
Are you interested in this palette?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar