Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

'I like the way you die boy' Django Unchained 2012

 The first thing I should probably mention is that I am normally not a fan of any western genre films, however after seeing the trailer for this particular film I thought it looked quite good so I gave it ago and can say I was honestly surprised. So even if you don't enjoy westerns, you may like this one.

This film I may add is also very gory and gutsy but not in a way that I think looks really disgusting and off putting, so if you're the type of person, like me, that doesn't like blood, then don't worry because its not going to make you feel ill or like you can't watch the rest.

I found this film quite enjoyable and interesting to watch because as its a Quentin Tarantino film he mixes genres, so this one would be a western and I'd say not quite horror but most definitely gory with hints of comedy. It has scenes that you'd expect in typical westerns with the cowboys, horses and shoot outs and the same typical scenes that you'd expect in a gory type of film such as violence and a lot of blood shed.

The big story line for this film is that Django (played by Jamie Foxx) is freed from slavery when a German bounty hunter Dr King Schultz (played by Christoph Waltz) is after his help tracking down three brothers to then collect his bounty. From this Dr Schultz helps Django to rescue his wife who is currently being made to work for a very nasty plantation owner (played by Leonardo Di Caprio) in Mississippi.

The main cast in this film, the three mentioned above, play their characters very well and it makes the film great to watch. The way they work together and embrace the settings and surroundings make it seem like that's where they should be in real life as they each fit the part so well. The acting is also good as they get right into the roles of their characters and don't let it slip. The settings they use fit the part in the western side of things they have the dusty towns and open films, the camera work is also very well done and there are some scenes that I particularly enjoyed with the camera angles but I'll leave that for now.

I actually really enjoyed this film and would most definitely recommend it to anyone (other than children obviously), its quite what you'd expect in a Tarantino film which makes it interesting as you may think you know what's going to happen but then it's slightly different from the typical things in these genres.

All in all, if you enjoy Tarantino's previous films and already like these genres then take a look as its a good watch and is easy to follow and understand.

There's a reason it's won two Oscars, you know!






Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar