Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

I Like Thursday: Paper Piecing

I've been busy paper piecing, working on my sister's quilt.  It's soaking up my free time, which is reflected in this week's likes.  For more variety, be sure to check out the other posts on Not Afraid of Color's I Like Thursday

I find it interesting how a different corner color can change the whole block.  

My pedometer is loving paper piecing.  This is not a sedentary project; there's a lot of back-and-forth to the ironing board.  I racked up well over a quarter mile (really?) working on one block last week and even more last Sunday.

I like the paper piecing technique I learned at Cunuck Quilter's tutorial.  I've also incorporated a version of this strip idea with my blocks.  It's been working pretty well!

I like paper piecing with batiks - no wrong sides to sew together.  I've ripped out six more wrong-side seams with other fabrics (and there will be more before this is done).  Still need to make sure to leave enough seam allowance, though.
Read more »

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar